Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Week 1 Review--

So I am now down to 162! Granted I only lost 3lbs the first week on the diet ( I clocked in at the first day on it at 165) and was hoping to loose 5lbs. I am still happy at the number. 
But one thing I have learned is I need to let go of the numbers a bit. So I am now ONLY going to weigh myself on Wednesdays. I will have weekly weigh in post. My goal from here on out is really just to loose a pound a week as I feel like that is REALLY realistic. And as much as I would love to blog daily, 
I have also learned that is just not realistic for me. But I will FOR SURE blog weekly.

But being at 162 means I have lost 20POUNDS this year so far! This has been a slow journey for me. But I know I am getting to my goal. I just have to remember how far I have come and NEVER want to go back to where I was. When I started this the first of the year I really thought it would be easier then this, I dont know why because my weight has never been easy to take off. But I know this is the first time I am being serious about it and REAL. I feel better about myself opening about about my weight struggle. For so long I tried to ignore it like it didnt matter. But it does.And going through those teen years struggling with how I was, was REALLY HARD. And I never talked to anyone about it. I pretend like there wasn't a problem. And I felt very alone with myself like I was the only one struggling. And back then I didn't know what to do to help. I didn't have the means to really change when I was eating what my parents made.

I am happy I am making the steps to change and get healthy for really the first time in my life. :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great Sara. I know you can reach your goal and maintain it.

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like you're doing a great job! Blessings to you on your journey. It's such hard work...I'm right there with you! Saw you on blog frog and wanted to say hi! ~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com