Thursday, August 26, 2010

Carblovers Diet--Food { Day 4}

So the food on this diet is really pretty good. The only thing I haven't LOVED is the chopped salad with garbanzo beans. Maybe they are good in other things. They just weren't my favorite thing. What I have been loving are those things above.
1) Is fish and potatoes with a simple salad. The book says Salmon but I found cat fish on sale and bought instead. I don't know if it makes much of a difference?
2) Is Chicken Pasta Primavera, which was AMAZING. It was pretty simple to make also. It makes 2 servings so I ate the other half 2 days later and it was just as good as the first night. When making it though, it calls for very LITTLE amount of pasta and I was very unsure, but with everything else it for sure filled me up.
3)
Is the Banana Shake with a few added berries to add flavor.
This has been my breakfast EVERYDAY for the last 2 weeks and I am still not tired of it. Its so yummy.I started last week with just working on drinking this for breakfast to slowly get back into things. The book calls for honey to add sweetness. But instead of honey I add 1/4th cup of orange juice which helps give a bit more flavor.

For lunch I have been mostly having the Express lunch.
Which is just Rye Crisp, Cheese, Hard Boiled Egg, Suppose to be apple but I have head a peach instead. Pretty Boring but easy to pack for lunch for work and I like easy.

I am excited for next week to jump into more recipe options from the book though. I haven't even really looked other then a quick glance because I just want to concentrate on this week of what I can eat.

I am really excited to share the weight loss with you. (I weigh myself everyday, I know I shouldn't but it really keeps me going and on top of things. I really enjoy it too!) But I wont share with you what I have lost this week till after my whole 7 days are done.
So for sure check in Monday and see how I did!

2 comments:

B Partridge said...

So proud of you Sara! You should share the recipes you enjoy on here too--for those of us who don't have the book :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sara! I've been doing the CarbLovers Diet, too. One of my favorite breakfasts is the Banana-Cocoa Shake.

Try the Garbanzo Beans in the Middle Eastern Rice Salad. It's pretty tasty.

B, the recipes can be found at carblovers.com.